Pages

Thursday 16 August 2012

please don't leave




We tell ourselves we want money, fame, fortune, power, but deep down, all we really want is love. The kind of love that empowers us, makes it impossible for us to eat, sleep, function normally. The kind of love that gives us a reason to wake up in the morning, and something to go to sleep for, so the time when we can be together again comes all the more sooner.
That's what I had when I found you. My reason to breathe, my reason for waking, my life and my world. We lost four years, four precious years you were there, but it took me too long to realise. We could have spent those four years loving each other, but I'm not bitter because our second ever kiss more than made up for those four wasted years.
You showed me what love really is, and loved me like no-one ever has, you made me see life in a different way. You showed me the world, true happiness, and life.
You looked into my eyes and told me I was beautiful, told me you loved me, that we'd be together forever, you held me tight, and when you did, the feeling was unbeatable, everything was right in the world.
Six amazing months we spent together, hours under the sun, sharing kisses and stolen moments that only we'll ever know of.
I wished that summer would never end, three weeks was all it took for us to fall in love, although falling is an understatement. I couldn't hold back, couldn't stop myself from falling for you, and I didn't want to.
With you, life was perfect.
And then you told me you were going away.

No comments:

Post a Comment