Pages

Thursday 30 August 2012

august beauty wants

It's been one of those days where you just feel generally..bleurgh. The weather's crap, I'm skint, and all I want to do is curl up in bed and be comforted by Gerard Butler's voice in PS I Love You. Normally I'd be straight to the shops to cheer myself up, but there's no student finance in my bank for another 25 days, which leaves me two choices, go further and further into my overdraft (I'm already living off my rent money for next month, oopsy) or online-window-shop and dream about the things I wish I had...if only I had the self control to stop myself from spending, it's just too hard to drag myself away from that eyeshadow I 'need'.
So I decided to make a beauty wishlist to tide me over until the student finance fairys come and give me lots of spending money.


1. Laura Mercier Mineral Powder SPF15, £31 - I've heard amazing things about this. I don't normally wear much face make-up unless I'm going out, and liquid foundations always feel too heavy on my skin so I'm definitely going to try this, the spf is essential, even though I don't tan easily I still want to protect my skin from the sun.

2. Elf Studio Eyebrow Kit, £3.75 - I saw this in one of the amazing Essie's videos, and immediately thought I have to have that. It contains both a powder and a gel, and I love the idea of the gel to set your eyebrows, as I always get flyaway hairs.

3. MAC lipstick in Impassioned, £14 - I love all things MAC and bright, colourful lipsticks so this seems like the perfect shade for me. One of my 'September Resolutions' is too buy more high-end cosmetics, to build up my collection. A MAC product a week sounds good huh?

4. Urban Decay Naked 2, £36 - 'The most anticipated sequel of the decade', I need need need this! I love neutral shades on my eyes as I can't wear black without looking like a panda, and I've seen so many great reviews about this.

5. Urban Decay Glide-On Eye Pencil, £13 - I've never had much luck with eye pencils, so I recently switched to liquid eyeliner which I don't like much either. Apparently this is a pencil which looks like a liquid eyeliner when applied, from the pictures I've seen, it looks great so I'm definitely going to give it a try.

I can't wait for loan day! What are your latest beauty wants? x

6 comments:

  1. I also like to buy these neutral shades, they're lovely
    I tagged you for a Liebster Award, check it out http://victoria-coeurdor.blogspot.com/2012/08/liebster-award.html
    Best wishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices! I love the Mac red lipstick shade you chose! I agree, it's good to invest in high quality type cosmetics because they're better for your skin and they last longer.

    <3 Emi
    www.silverandlemon.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too I can't wait to buy it! Yeah I'm hoping to add to my collection with more high end cosmetics :) xo

      Delete
  3. these are alll wonderful must have pieces! i have to say that i am obsessed with that mac lipstick! it is such a gorgeous color and i'm sure you will rock it <3 I also love that urban decay palette! those colors are soo beautiful and fun!

    Alexa <3
    http://sleepeatbreathefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! :) I've heard so many good reviews of the lipstick and urban decay palette, can't wait to try them out :) xox

      Delete